Monday, October 13, 2008

What We Had For Dinner--Heart Health

Two Chicken breasts baked or grilled...(boneless skinless).
Cut into small pieces or shred
One package wheat tortillas
Half a white onion
One pound Mushrooms
Two good handfuls fresh Spinach..cut up
One rounded teas. Oregano
One rounded teas. Cumin
One rounded teas. Chili powder
Reduced fat or FF Cheese
One-two cloves garlic, or about one-two teas. minced garlic

Put some canola oil in pan, about a tablespoon, add onions, a few minutes later add mushrooms, garlic, oregano, cumin and chili powder...when the mushrooms begin to brown, add in the spinach and chicken...heat until heated through. In a separate pan...spray with pam, place a shell in the pan, top with some cheese, and some mixture, a little more cheese, place another shell on top...heat for about three minutes, turn over, heat another 2-3 minutes..cut into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Thanks Berda, I think I'll try this.

Roberta said...

We had enough left over that we ate it the second night for dinner and then I had it for lunch the day after that.