
What a day! My day Saturday started with a quick shower at 4:15am. I had to be at St. Joe's Hospital before 6:00am. Luckily, I got there a few minutes early, because all the entrances in the parking garage where locked, and I could not figure out how to get into the hospital. (Good thing I wasn't dying.) I did find an employee, who took me through the employee entrance. I found my instructor for the day, Diane. She was very nice, and answered all my questions about being an EKG tech. We started out in the Intensive Care unit, then did Cardia, and a few walkins. The hardest part of the day was seeing the thin, elderly people. Alot of them were under quarantine, due to having an infectious disease. In those rooms we had to suit up. The worst part of the day was walking into the room, just as a man had passed away. His family was there. Diane, said that this has never happened to her before and usually the nurse is usually warns her ahead of time. All this before 10:00am. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Bob took me to Westside Tap, in the evening, which is a local bar. Our neighbor Steve was playing the drums there. It was nice to relax and have a beer. Several of the neigbors showed up. All in all it wasn't a bad day, just really different.




2 comments:
Wow Roberta! Look at you go!!
What an adventure!
Post a Comment