So, I've always wanted to try fish tacos. I've always been afraid to order them whenever we go out. I didn't want to pay for them and not like them. Truthfully, how could fish in a taco even compare to regular tacos..I know right. One day I was bored of cooking the usual. I went to Food Networks website and found Guy's receipe for them. We made them one night and they were really good, the following week I made some alterations to his recipe and they were even better. Joe and Jessica loved the way the cod came out; Joe even ate the rest of the cod cold later that night. First you start out by making fresh Pico, you zing up the sour cream by adding tequila---totally optional, cumin and cilantro. Then you cut up your cod and tempura it and fry it in some vegetable oil. The topping for the taco originally called for a type of dry coleslaw mix, but the second time around I changed it to romaine lettuce with cilantro added in, topped it with the Pico...and there you go. 



No comments:
Post a Comment